My review against plan for March 2021 is as follows:
- Take a week off. I almost managed a whole week – 4 days off with lots of lovely walking and botanizing.
- Finish book chapter 6 first draft.
- At least 1000 words of new nature writing, over and above my book chapters. I wrote a 1200 word article for a commission, two 400 word articles for a pitch and four Suburban Wild Diary posts.
- 3 pitches (including direct commissions or competition entries) Yes
- 850 Twitter followers (up from 790) 855
- 53 followers for this blog (up from 51) 57
- Botany learning plan to support creative writing: This month I’m going to focus on my photo flashcards and working out which look-a-likes will need some extra effort. And I submitted my first plant record – Jersey Cudweed shown in the photo here – to the London plant recorder.
- Regulars Published blogs and tweeted for this site and circulated my March nature-writing newsletter.
- But the big thing which happened this month… was that I received a year’s funding for a nature-writer-in-residence project… more details to follow but safe to say I’m really really excited!
My plan for April 2021 is as follows:
- Edit book chapters 1 to 6 and draft chapter 7.
- At least 1000 words of new nature writing, over and above my book chapters.
- At least 2 pitches for feature articles to magazines
- 900 Twitter followers (up from 855)
- 60 followers for this blog (up from 57)
- Botany learning plan to support creative writing: This month I’m going to focus on using a Vegetative Key and designing my own pavement plant keys
- Writing residency – deliver online writing workshop
- Regulars – regular blog posts and a nature-writing newsletter