It’s the last day today of my year-long nature-writing residency in the Great North Wood in partnership with the London Wildlife Trust and funded by Arts Council England.
It’s been great fun and I’ve learnt so much from…
- delivering six online nature-writing workshops with inspiring co-leaders (Jane V Adams, Chantelle Lindsay, Billie Ballard, Anita Roy, Rebecca Gibson and Helen Jones) and two face-to-face nature-writing workshops including one yesterday for fab LWT Keeping It Wild trainees;
- co-hosting an on-line reading event – Read It Wild – with support from writers Vanessa Wright, El Rhodes and Jane V Adams;
- publishing the recordings from all the online workshops and reading event on my Youtube channel.
- publishing six online anthologies on the London Wildlife Trust’s blog including first time nature writers from diverse backgrounds and two guest posts;
- launching a Facebook forum for nature-writers (with guidance from lovely Jane V Adams);
- producing a Thumbnail Activity Journal (pictured) with Rebecca Gibson and getting it off to the printers to that it can be on sale soon;
- and finally being inspired to produce lots and lots of new nature writing in the footprint and remnants of the Great North Wood.
And a big thank you to wonderful Arts Council England without which this wouldn’t have been possible.